With Italian Sausages & Kale
This is going to be your favorite winter of soups and stews!
This hearty, crispate season vegetable stew with Italian sausages and kale soup is an opportunity to clean out the crisper, then soak up all the juice with bread.
There’s nothing more comforting or nourishing than a hot bowl of soup. It really doesn’t get easier or more delicious.
This recipe uses onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips, celery, potatoes, cabbage, bay leaf, Italian sausage, kale, and lemon, with Italian seasoning, paprika, tomato paste, and broth.
You will love the idea of stews like this one because it utilizes all sorts of staple vegetables that are typically pretty easy to find. So, if you like to make a stew with a good source of protein and some seasonal greens, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
This recipe will be loved by vegetarians and even a non-vegan eater will love this stew because it is paired with Italian sausage and Kale. You and your family will love this soup and make it often during the winter months.
The kale gives it an authentic Italian touch and cooks up perfectly in the pressure cooker.
This is a wonderful recipe for you and for your love ones.
Vegetable Stew with Italian Sausages & Kale
- 1 piece Onion chopped
- 2 pieces Cloves Garlic minced
- 2-3 pieces Carrots sliced
- 2 pieces Parsnips sliced into 1/4 moons
- 2 bunches stalks celery sliced
- 10 pieces Mini Potatoes cut into 8ths
- 2 cups Cabbage chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 6 cups Broth (I used 'no chicken' bouillon)
- 1 piece Bay Leaf
- 4 pieces Field Roast Italian sausage sliced into half moons
- 1 bunch Small Kale destemmed & chopped
- ½ piece Lemon
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp olive oil, sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the garlic and continue to cook another minute. Stir in all the vegetables except kale and sauté for 5 minutes. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Stir in Italian seasonings, paprika and tomato paste and cook for another minute to release the aromatics. Pour in broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, sauté Italian sausages in a medium pan over medium-high heat with 2 tsp olive oil until browned, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- After soup has simmered 20 minutes, stir in cooked sausage and kale. Return to boil, the reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove bay leaf. Squeeze in juice from half the lemon. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with vegan parmesan cheese, chili pepper flakes and bread.