Commonly, a stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in a liquid.
Hearty (Not) Beef & Cabbage Stew recipe is a bit of a twist on a traditional stew. No need to be weary because of the cabbage. The combination of flavor of this recipe was delicious and it was like a big hug that will comfort you during your cold days.
For my fellow stew purists, it is worth noting that the broth is thin, instead of being a gravy-like consistency to coat the veggies…
Hearty (Not) Beef & Cabbage Stew is a dish that is perfect for warming you up on cold days. At the same time, Hearty (Not) Beef & Cabbage Stew is a recipe that is easy to make!
(Not) Beef & Cabbage Stew
- 3-4 pieces Large Carrots sliced
- 2 stalks Celery sliced
- 1 piece Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Beef Flavored Vegetable Broth
- 14 ounces Diced Tomatoes can
- 6 cups Green Cabbage chopped
- 12 pieces Potatoes
- 1 piece Bay Leaf
- 12-16 ounces Plant-Based Ground
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Worcestershire
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat with 1Tbsp oil, Saute Carrots, celery, onions and garlic until onions softened approximately 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add caraway seeds, fennel seeds, thyme, mustard seeds, dried dill, salt, pepper and tomato paste and continue to cook to release aromatics, approximately 1 minute. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cabbage, potatoes and bay leaf. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.
- While stew is simmering, cook plant-based meat in a skillet until browned. Stir in vegan Worcestershire and cook for another minute.
- When stew is ready, stir in plant-based meat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with bread…lots of bread.