Here’s another fantastic weeknight pasta dish that you can have on the table in just about 25 minutes.
This Hearty Asparagus and Sundried Tomato Penne is a vegan and gluten-free treat that will be loved by all. This delicious pasta dish is so comforting and flavorful, perfect served as a main or as a side dish.
Asparagus tips steamed until just crisp-tender, join earthy, chewy sun-dried tomatoes and aromatic basil for a springtime pairing with any al dente short pasta, such as fusilli, farfalle, Gemelli, or penne.
Aside from boiling the pasta and steaming the asparagus, it’s practically no-cook! See the variation suggestions below the recipe itself for ideas on other ingredients that you can add.
Although this recipe includes a vegan cream-based sauce, it is very light tasting with the addition of white wine, lemon, and basil. Red chili flakes add a bit of heat and a bunch of flavors.
Made as-is, this dish happens to be not only vegetarian but also vegan.
Pesto is seriously one of my favorite things ever. It is so easy to make, it’s incredibly versatile, and it pretty much tastes amazing in and on anything and everything.
Asparagus & Sundried Tomato Penne
- 8 ounces Pasta Of Choice
- 1 Bunch Of Asparagus 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Creamer
- 1/4 cup White Wine vegetable broth
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Juiced 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon Finely Minced Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegan butter and saute asparagus, garlic and red pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes, season with salt & pepper. Add white wine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to allow alcohol to burn off. Add non-dairy creamer and reserved pasta water. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and add to the asparagus. Add sun-dried tomatoes, chopped basil and lemon juice, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until heated through, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vegan parmesan cheese. Let sit for a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional vegan parmesan if desired.