Looking for a vegan recipe or dish to satisfy your holiday and your guests with?
Then, this delicious recipe will do just that.
Seitan is easy to make and this roast is stuffed with store-bought pork-flavored stuffing and applesauce, then coated with maple syrup before baking.
It is super meaty, with layers of fat that melt-in-your-mouth, and a thin, crispy crust. You guys definitely have to try this one.
The perfect centerpiece for your holiday table!!!
The combination of the ingredients will make you realize that it is so delicious, that it will make you crave for more and you can’t stop yourself from eating it.
This roast is good for any kind of festive gathering, be it Christmas, New Year, and Thanksgiving.
This recipe can guarantee you that the labor that goes into this recipe will deliver a delicious, wholesome, hearty loaf for you and to your love ones.
A dish to satisfy all your cravings that will definitely make your day great!
Stuffed “Pork” Seitan Roast
Stuffed "Pork" Seitan Roast
- ½ box Vegan Stuffing Mix (3oz)
- 2 tablespoons Applesauce
- 1 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Pork Seasoning (recipe in comments)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Granules (or garlic powder)
- 1.5 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Red Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce (dark preferred)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Fresh thyme sprig
- Fresh rosemary sprig
Pork Seasoning (makes 5Tbsp)
- 4 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons Paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons Cayenne Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ cup Dried Basil
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix with 3/4 cup boiling water. Set aside. Once cooled to room temperature, spread out on waxed paper to form a square.
- Spread applesauce down center of stuffing square then, using paper to assist, roll up into a tube. Twist ends of wax paper to close and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with 8 inches of water to boil. In a bowl (or stand mixer) combine dry ingredients; vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, pork seasoning, garlic granules, paprika, onion powder and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in red miso paste, soy sauce, olive oil and 3/4 cup water. Stir well to combine.
- Knead dough ball by hand for 4 to 5 minutes (stand mixer for 3 minutes), Let rest 15 minutes, then knead another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using rolling pin, roll out to form a square. Transfer to sheet of foil.
- Remove stuffing tube from wax paper and place on seitan square. Roll up seitan and stuffing into a loaf using foil paper to assist in rolling.
- Fold in ends and pinch to close. Twist ends of foil closed.
- Place in boiling water and simmer on low boil for 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Once seitan has finished simmering, remove from parchment/foil and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Score top of roast every 1" with a knife.
- Brush or rub roast well with maple syrup well.
- Drizzle 1-2 Tbsp olive oil over roast and sprinkle with salt. Add a sprig of thyme and rosemary to pan alongside roast.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.