Looking for a vegan burger that will satisfy EVERYONE? BBQ Chickpea Burgers are where it’s at!
These hearty patties are infused and topped with tangy barbecue sauce and served up on buns.
There is nothing that makes me salivate more than barbecue sauce. I’m so not even kidding, I literally start salivating at the first smell and sign of it. Maybe it’s because I grew up on barbecue, I’m not sure, but it remains my favorite flavor component of a meal to this day. When you add it to chickpea burgers, it becomes insane.
One thing that does not make me salivate is chickpeas. Chickpea burgers, in particular. The smell of chickpeas and the taste leaves a lot to be desired.
I have never found a chickpea burger recipe that I have liked, as they are always SO DRY. And, well, they taste too strong of chickpeas.
On top of that is the barbecue sauce! It will take these BBQ Chickpea Burgers in fun and new directions, giving you a veggie burger so flavorful that you won’t miss the meat!
An easy awesome Vegan and Gluten-Free patty that will challenge any burger. 6 ingredients. One bowl, food processor and a pan. Healthy easy deliciousness as it’s best.
BBQ Chickpea Burgers
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked Quinoa 1/2 cup dry
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon BBQ Seasoning recipe included
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- Brown Sugar
- Smoked Paprika or regular
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Combine ground flaxseed with 2 Tbsp water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a food processor, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, panko breadcrumbs, BBQ seasoning, ketchup, flaxseed "egg" and 1 tsp salt. Blend until well mixed, scraping down the sides of the food processor as necessary.
- Divide the burger mixture and press firmly to form 4 patties, each about 3/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes before cooking (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat add 1 Tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot, add the BBQ chickpea burgers and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Mix well