Just six ingredients go into this easy sweet-and-sour pickled beets side dish. This salad is an easy-to-make summer favorite, combining sweet and tangy flavors.
This recipe is one of those “must do” recipes! A delicious and easy salad which takes little time and is a great meatless main course.
Pickled Beets Garden Salad
- 8 Beets Unpeeled & tops trimmed
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Crank the oven to 400 °F (204 °C). Slice all the leaves and shit off top the beets, scrub them clean, but leave the skin on.
- Wrap the beets in foil all together in a group, then stick them in the oven (use a baking sheet in case they leak a little). Roast them until you can stick a fork in them with no resistance, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When the beets have chilled for a bit, you can peel them. Hold one in a paper towel and use the paper towel to kinda rub the skin off.
- Combine Vinegar and Sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then stir in salt, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beets then cover and chill.