Nothing beats Homemade Blueberry Cupcakes! Bursting with fresh blueberry cupcakes flavor and topped with streusel, these really are the best blueberry cupcakes ever! these soft and fluffy muffins will be a staple in your kitchen.
Brighten anyone’s day with fresh, homemade blueberry cupcakes with crumb topping for breakfast or a perfectly sweet afternoon snack.
Fluffy, cake-like cupcakes with a sugar streusel topping. These Blueberry Crumble Cupcakes with fresh blueberries are easy to mix up and perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Blueberry Crumble Cupcakes
- 2⅔ cups All-Purpose flour
- 1.5 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk plain
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Sugar I used turbinado sugar
- 3 tablespoon cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon s Vegan Butter melted
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoon s Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line cupcake tray with paper/silicon liners or spray tin with cooking spray. Combine ground flaxseed with 1/4 cup water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare crumb topping by combining sugar, flour, and vegan butter. Mix with fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flax mixture, applesauce, vanilla and milk, and lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Spray cupcake tin with Pam or use liners. Fill cups with batter then sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, before icing.
- Prepare icing by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a thin glaze. Drizzle icing over cupcakes. Cool completely before serving.