With Horseradish Sauce & Preserves
These crisp and tasty potato latkes are a traditional favorite for any celebrations.
Don’t be concerned by the amount of fresh horseradish in this potato latkes, because the combination of the ingredients makes a wonderful taste that you and your loved ones will love.
They are a traditional favorite for Hanukkah, but also pretty good for an extended brunch. If you are craving for a potato, then here’s a quick dinner when you’re craving potatoes. This recipe uses Yukon gold potatoes, onion, horseradish, vegan mayonnaise, flour, dried thyme, salt and pepper, fruit, preserves of choice, and vegetable oil. These crispy Potato Latkes with Horseradish Sauce with Preserves will have your family begging for another bite. The ingredients keep these latkes together while frying, making them a delicious addition to any meal.
You might never make another way again.
Every ingredient used provides the perfect contrast of flavors in every bite. This flavorful potato latkes will hit the spot whoever tries to taste it
Are you now curious of what would be the taste of this dish? Then try to cook this dish because it will make you realize that you have forgotten about this dish for a long time.
This recipe is a total comfort food on a wonderful day!
Potato Latkes with Horseradish Sauce & Preserves
- 1 pound Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 piece Small Onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish
- ½ cup Vegan Mayonnaise (divided)
- 2.5 tablespoons Flour
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Fruit Preserves of choice
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 piece Fennel Bulb
- 5 ounces Sugar Snap Peas (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the horseradish, 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined.
- Scrub potatoes and grate with a box grater into a large bowl. Squeeze the grated potato to remove as much of the water as possible. Discard the liquid, wipe the bowl clean, and return the grated potato. Mix in diced onion.
- Combine grated potatoes, remaining 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise, flour, thyme, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper and stir well.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, working in batches, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup of mixture, place each latke into the skillet, pressing down with the bottom of the measuring cup until each patty is about a half inch thick. Lower heat to medium and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer latkes to a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt.
- Spread horseradish sauce over plate. Serve latkes over horseradish sauce and top with fruit preserves.
- Cut the fennel bulb in half lengthwise, remove the V-shaped core, and thinly slice the bulb.
- Trim the sugar snap peas and thinly slice.
- Combine the sliced fennel, sugar snap peas, white balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss until coated evenly.