Aka Meat Sauce
Spaghetti Bolognese, the most popular classic pasta dish, and even in the vegan version this recipe is easy & quick to make and always delicious.
Wait, a vegan spaghetti bolognese? Yes! you got it right – making a vegan spaghetti bolognese is what got me a little twisted from the onset.
This is the best vegan bolognese sauce with spaghetti pasta! A simple recipe which is easy & quick to make and very delicious. It tastes aromatic, flavorful and spicy – packed with fruity tomatoes. This meal is perfect for lunch or dinner! Let’s start!
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (aka “meat” sauce)
- 3/4 pound Ground Seitan
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6 oz
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Optional
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tablespoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Mushroom Optional
- 250 grams Spaghetti Gluten-free
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, stopping 1 to 2 minutes short of the recommended cooking time so that the pasta is nice and al dente. Set aside.
- In large skillet, saute seitan and onion in 2 tablespoon olive oil until lightly browned and onion soft. Salt to taste. Approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remainder of ingredients. Simmer 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve over your choice of pasta.
- Sprinkle with non-dairy parmesan cheese & chili peppers if desired.