Mmmm this creamy fettuccine carbonara is made with shiitake bac’n while silken tofu creates a rich alfredo like sauce.
You can enjoy a delicious and creamy vegan pasta carbonara in just 45 minutes. The healthier version of your favorite Fettuccine Carbonara with mushrooms is easy to make.
It’s super-rich and oh so good. Making this Easy Vegan Fettuccine Carbonara couldn’t be simpler! The steps are just in the comfort of your own kitchen.
You can’t get much simpler and tastier than this Easy Vegan Fettuccine Carbonara – a brilliant little recipe to add to your repertoire!
Bonus: it’s actually good for you!
- 2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms destemmed & sliced
- 10 ounces Fettuccine
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 block Silken Tofu
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Toss the mushrooms with 1/4 cup olive oil, smoked paprika, maple syrup, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes. Arrange flat on the baking sheet (use parchment paper if available), bake until lightly browned and crisped 25 to 30 minutes. Flip midway through baking to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp vegan butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked garlic and onions, silken tofu, juice from 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 cup water, nutritional yeast, and 1 tsp salt. Blend until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Return skillet to low heat, combine pasta with sauce from blender, heat through. Stir in mushrooms and parsley before serving. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan.