It’s everything pumpkin season. This vegan pumpkin alfredo sauce is the bomb. I’m so excited when I made this easy pumpkin alfredo sauce I knew that you needed to try this recipe and is to die for. This recipe is even better and also simpler.
You’ll be in love with the sauce, it’s super creamy, lighter than the traditional Alfredo, easy to make and is ready in less than 15 minutes!
Next time I think I may just drink it!
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Shallot
- 6 ounces Pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Coconut Milk Canned
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage Dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt To taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Cook pasta as directed reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta in extra virgin olive oil.
- Melt butter in skillet,cook shallot until soft 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut milk, cashews, reserved pasta water, sage and salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to blender then blend on high until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Return pumpkin alfredo sauce to skillet, heating through, stirring constantly.
- Add pasta, mix well and season with salt to taste.
- Plate and sprinkle with vegan parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.