Am I right!? I’m right. This Easy “Not Beef” Stroganoff is the belly-warming goodness that we all need in this kind of weather.
A classic recipe, modernized for cruelty-free times. Here’s a dish I never thought I would ever eat again. With so many new vegan products on the market, nothing is out of the question.
Whether you want to make this for a special occasion or you want to make this for some serious binge TV watching, this Easy “Not Beef” Stroganoff will be the perfect comfort dish for you.
A healthy & hearty twist on a classic Stroganoff! This cozy and creamy noodle dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Not Beef Stroganoff
- 14 ounces beef-flavored seitan thinly sliced
- 1 vidalia onion sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups beef-flavored vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon vegan worchestire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 12 ounces egg-free noodles Chopped chives or parsley (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook seitan until browned on all sides, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Removed seitan from skillet, set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add butter. Cook onions for 1 to 2 minutes, then add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until golden brown, approximately 8 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and mushrooms, stir and cook for 1 minute.
Slowly add broth, stirring continuously until a low boil achieved. Then stir in worcestershire, dijon mustard and sour cream until well mixed and creamy.
- Return seitan to skillet. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Adjust seasonings salt to taste.
- Stir in noodles, and cook until heated through. Sprinkled with chives/parsley (optional).