Tamari almonds made their way into both your heart and stomach as
they really add a hint of saltiness against the sweetness of any cook meals and even as a snack!
But as unexpectedly good as they may taste, I was in for another shocker: As I recently reviewed my grocery bill, I realized that those tamari almonds were almost $2 a bag!
It’s a simple dish to make and super tasty, somewhat bitter and salty.
- 500 grams Almond
- 1/4 cup Tamari Soy Sauce 60mL
- 2 teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to moderately slow, 320 °F (160 °C). Lightly grease two large baking trays.
- Place almonds on trays and roast for about 10 minutes or until beginning to brown, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine tamari, sugar and oil in a bowl. Place hot nuts immediately into tamari mixture, tossing to coat. Transfer nuts back to oven trays and roast for a further 10 minutes, tossing frequently, or until nuts are dry and browned.
- Cool nuts on trays, then store in an airtight container.