Remoulade originated in France in a combination most closely resembling tartar sauce, bringing together mayo, herbs, pickles, and capers. Of course, in the American spirit, we took this sauce, amped it up, and made it something all our own.
This is a great substitute for tartar sauce!
- 1/3 cup Veganaise
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Capers Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Keep refrigerated.