This is my go-to pizza dough recipe.
This easy pizza dough recipe is great for beginners and produces a soft homemade pizza crust. Skip the pizza delivery because you only need 6 basic ingredients to begin!
Pizza dough is the foundation and every great pizza begins with a great pizza crust. Some like thin and crisp pizza crust, while others prefer a thick and soft pizza crust. This homemade pizza crust has it all: soft & chewy with a delicious crisp and awesome flavor.
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 package Pizza Crust Yeast
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Warm Water
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let sit 10 minutes. Add sugar, salt & oil. Mix well.
- Gradually mix in 2 cups flour until soft dough ball formed.
- Knead, either on the floured surface for 4 minutes or with the dough hook in a stand mixer on setting #2 for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from mixer. On the floured surface, cover with a towel to let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough ball then roll out to form pizza circle.
- Brush pizza with olive oil before adding toppings.