With Ground Flaxseed
Vegan baking isn’t all that different from traditional baking. By swapping out just a few ingredients and making some minor adjustments, we’ve created outrageously delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies. In fact, you may find that everyone in your family, not just the vegans, starts asking for these delicious treats.
These 9-ingredient recipe cookies are so delicious and supremely easy to make. Serve them up with some delicious non-dairy milk for a milk and cookies treat. Or, serve them warm, they are fantastic as the chocolate is all gooey and melty.
Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil Or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Mix flaxseeds with 6 tablespoon of water and set aside for 10 minutes then pour the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, brown sugar, flaxseeds mix and vanilla extract. Whisk until the sugar has incorporated into the oil and the mixture is smooth. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, then stir until combined and no more flour is visible (don’t overdo it). Then, stir in chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Roll into small balls and flatten slightly.
- Optional step. Freeze the cookies on their pans for 30 minutes, or chill them for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake until the edges are just starting to turn golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack.