With White Bean Puree
Zucchini and white beans puree getting mashed and mixed and then fried up inside a cornmeal coating. It is probably the easiest of all vegetables to grow yourself, and anyone who does so will know that they grow while your back itsturned.
These Crispy Vegetarian Zucchini Cakes are everything delicious about summer on a plate. There’s zucchini, found in abundance in all vegetable gardens and farmers markets this month.
These cakes are a crowd-pleaser – and it’s always touch and go as to who eats more of them – the adults or the kids!
- 2 cups Zucchini shredded
- 2/3 cup JUSTegg
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan Violife shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 can Cannellini Beans drained & rinsed
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Vegan Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill or dehydrated
- In a small bowl, mix together vegan sour cream, dill, zest from half the lemon and 1 tsp lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- After shredding zucchini, pat dry to remove as much liquid as possible. Combine zucchini, onions, and JUSTEGG in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and vegan parmesan cheese. Stir dry ingredients into zucchini mixture until well combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 3 to 4 Tbsp oil. Once hot, working in batches, drop zucchini mixture in 1/4 cup portions into the pan, spreading the mixture out a little to form pancakes. Cook 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on paper towel. Season with salt.
- While zucchini cakes are cooking, add cannellini beans to a food processor with remaining lemon zest and 1/2 tsp salt. Begin to blend, while pouring in 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 2 tbsp warm water. Blend until smooth.
- Serve zucchini cakes over white bean puree with lemon dill sour cream on the side.