With Justegg, Cilantro & Peanuts
There aren’t many dishes, if any, I like more than pad thai.
This tofu pad thai is so easy to make, super versatile and perfect for quick weeknight dinners! With justegg on the market, there’s no difference between this vegan version and the original.
You’ll take a bite, you’ll love it, and you can’t help yourself to say that things just went to the next level. I’m so excited for you!
Tofu Pad Thai
- 1 block Tofu Extra firm
- 8 ounces Rice Stirfry Noodles
- 1 Red Pepper Thinly sliced
- 4-5 Green Onions cut in 2″ pieces
- 8 ounces Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Justegg Optional
- 1/3 cup Peanuts Chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Water Or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter Or tahini
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce Or Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar Or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- 1-2 teaspoon/s Chili Garlic Sauce
- Drain tofu and press water out. Cut into 1/2 inch thick squares.
- Cook noodles per package directions then rinse with cold water, cover and set aside.
- Make pad thai sauce by combining water, tamari soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar, tamarind paste, chili garlic sauce and juice from 1/2 the lime.
- “Dry fry” tofu by cooking in 1 tablespoon oil approximately 5 minutes pressing water out with wide spatula beginning at 3-4 minute mark. Flip and repeat. Set aside.
- Cook JUSTEGG in pan scramble then set aside with tofu.
- Stir fry red pepper 2 minutes. Add noodles and stir fry sauce until heated through. Return tofu to noodles then mixes in bean sprouts, justegg, and green onions. Toss to combine.
- Top with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.