Just when I thought red pasta couldn’t get any better, I discovered the magic that is roasted red peppers.
Creamy, velvety, savory, and subtly sweet, it makes the perfect flavor companion to vegan parmesan and fresh herbs in this 12-ingredient vegan and gluten-free pasta.
Together this combination provides the perfect balance of savory, sweet and heat, while fresh parsley adds a touch of freshness.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 9 ounces Roasted Red Pepper
- 6 ounces Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Bunch Asparagus cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 8 ounces Plant Milk
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water for the sauce. Rinse pasta under cold water.
- Toss asparagus with 1 tsp oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in the oven until bright green and tender, about 6 to 8 minutes (or use air fryer 400°F for 4 minutes).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt vegan butter. Add the shallot and garlic, cook until soft and translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 3 oz of red peppers and slice thinly. Add remaining roasted red peppers, plant milk, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, and reserved pasta water to skillet. Stir to combine. Transfer the roasted red pepper sauce to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper and return to skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add cooked pasta, roasted asparagus, peas, remaining roasted red pepper, and oregano. Stir to combine and heated through. Season with lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Top with grated vegan parmesan.