With Summer Vegetables
The Buttery texture of the leeks and soft extra of the polenta culminate in creamy perfection!
This dish is the perfect solution for those mid-week meals were you simply cannot be bothered to make anything complicated!
I have infinite love for polenta: it’s soft, creamy and really comforting. With just 7 ingredients and about few minutes of your time, you can conjure up a great tasting dish to satisfy all of the hungry mouths in your household. Great as a nutritious side dish or as a no-fuss main with a green salad.
It is an absolutely staple in my kitchen. Why? Because polenta is super cheap, very satisfying and extremely versatile. This casserole is really amazing with almost every possible veggie, so feel free to change the ingredients to your taste.
It is just so perfect for a light dinner or a meatless Monday!
- 2 Leeks sliced in 1/4" rounds
- 1 Bunch Asparagus ends trimmed
- 8 ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 cup Edamame
- 1 cup Polenta
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 4 minutes. Season the leeks with salt and pepper and add 2 1/4 cups of water and the milk; bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid in the pot is boiling, slowly work in polenta. Cook until the mixture is thick and creamy, whisking continuously for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the vegan butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm while sauteing vegetables.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the asparagus and cook until browned in places and tender, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cover. Cook for 1 to 2 and then add the edamame and 1/4 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and cook until liquid is reduced by half, tomatoes begin to blister and edamame heated through.
- Serve polenta topped with vegetables and drizzle the sauce from the skillet.