Living a meat-free life might seem difficult — even tragic — to some, but when the benefits of eating veg are increased energy, lowered risk of disease, and weight loss… it makes total sense. The trick to surviving (and thriving) in this lifestyle lies in the food you make
This pasta is a good one for weeknights – the sauce, made of largely pantry ingredients, only prepares for 30 minutes.
Just enough time to boil your noodles.
Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 Vegan Italian Sausage cut in 1/4 moons
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 2/3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Oregano 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan
- 8 ounces Pasta of Choice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil, saute onion, garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add sausage and continue to saute approximately 3 to 4 more minutes. Add broth and tomato, then gradually stir in vegan cream cheese until melted.
- Add peas, basil, oregano then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta, cook until heated through. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese before serving.