With Creamy Mushroom Sauce & Sundried Tomatoes
What’s not to get excited about when an easy pasta dish can fill up your belly both quickly and economically?
This sauce is simple and tasty. It is composed of mushrooms, onions, and garlic all cooked into heavy cream and topped with some herbs – the perfect blend of flavors for the farfalle to absorb!
A kind of recipe that is enough to feed a crowd!
Vegan Farfalle Pasta
- 1 pound Farfalle
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes Roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup Cashews Raw
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt To taste
- 1 pound Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms Coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley Leaves chopped
- Vegan Parmesan Optional
- Place cashews in a small bowl, cover with hot water and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Just before pasta is done the cooking, add the sun-dried tomatoes to plump for 1 minute. Drain set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain the cashews. In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, garlic, cashews, 2 cups of water, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of salt. Blend on high until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until softened and slightly browned about 5 minutes.
- Add cream sauce to mushrooms, bring to boil, reduce temperature and continue to cook at low boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional. Add the pasta to pan and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley and vegan parmesan cheese.