With Fresh Thyme & Roasted Red Pepper
Silky tomato soup is the ultimate soup. It is like the little black dress of soups. Unadorned and paired with a sandwich, it’s a comforting lunch. Dressed up with simple garnishes, it makes a sophisticated start to a dinner party.
Our version is too easy and perfect for any time of the year! It requires a small amount of patience but delivers an enormously soothing payoff!
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Medium White Onion Diced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme Minced
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 cup Roasted Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt To taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cool to soften until slightly brown, stirring, for about one minute.
- Add the garlic and thyme, and continue to saute for about a minute, or until they become fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, lower the heat and let cook 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, blend until smooth using an immersion blender or counter top blender.