This mouth-watering and crowd-pleasing ricotta that is stuffed with tofu-hummus is a healthy spin on the classic loved by kids, vegans and even non-vegans.
This is a classic pasta dish, veganized with Tofu-Hummus ricotta and vegan parmesan cheese. With only nine ingredients, you will have the perfect and delicious Tofu-Hummus Ricotta Stuffed Shells.
It uses fresh spinach, pasta shells, tofu, roasted garlic hummus, nutritional yeast, vegan parmesan cheese, virgin olive oil, salt, and marinara sauce. The simple combination of ingredients will knock your socks off. This dish is very similar to a lasagna, but instead of layering the noodles, veggies, ricotta, and sauce, it simply stuffs the cute little shells with ricotta and dousing everything in marinara.
This is a crowd-pleasing recipe, since it’s packed with plant-powered protein, these stuffed shells are a super satisfying and filling meal. It wholeheartedly guarantees you that this dish will become a regular in your dinner rotation. So, if you’re looking to cut some dairy out of your life or you’re a strong-willed vegan searching for a delicious vegan ricotta dish, then this recipe got you.
This recipe will become one of your favorite vegan versions of ricotta because it has a legit great flavor.
It’s one of the best vegan ricotta recipes you’ll make for you and for your family!
Tofu-Hummus Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 6 cups Fresh Spinach chopped
- 24 pieces Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 14 ounces Firm Tofu drained & pressed
- ⅔ cup Roasted Garlic Hummus
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 28 ounces Marinara Sauce
- Cook pasta shells to al dente according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté spinach in skillet over medium high heat with 1 tsp oil until wilted (or steam it if preferred). Transfer to a colander and squeeze liquid from spinach with back of spoon or use towel.
- Add tofu, hummus, nutritional yeast, vegan parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil and salt to food processor. Blend tofu ricotta until smooth. In a large bowl stir together tofu ricotta and spinach to combine.
- Pour marinara sauce into 13"x 9" lasagna pan and spread to cover bottom.
- With a spoon or piping bag, fill each pasta shell with ricotta mixture then place into marinara sauce in baking dish. Repeat with remaining shells.