In Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
This delicious veggie lasagna recipe is healthy, meatless, gluten-free friendly, and perfect for the Fall and Winter season. Individual vegetarian lasagnas filled with spinach and cheese are family-friendly, satisfying and perfect for portion control. On top of
Is it still pumpkin everything season? Because it uses pumpkin purée, it’s a great choice as a holiday vegetarian main dish or just a holiday recipe. A great way to get your kids to eat spinach and no one will miss the meat!
Spinach Ricotta Lasagna Spirals
- 12 Lasagna Noodles
- 14 ounces Tofu Extra Firm
- 1 cup Almonds Blanched
- 4-6 cups Spinach Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Plant Milk Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Parmesan Cheese More if necessary
- 1 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cashews Raw
- 1 cup Water Hot
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 Shallot large
- 1 can Pumpkin Purée
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Sage
- Bring a very large pot of water to boil, and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Cook the noodles al dente, rinse each noodle with cold water and drain. This will guarantee the perfect texture! Then, drain and press tofu.
- Soak cashews in 1 cup of hot water. Reserve the liquid for pumpkin alfredo sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach and saute until wilted. Squeeze water out of spinach in a colander using back of a spoon. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add shallot and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Then, add cashews & soaking liquid, pumpkin purée, coconut milk, tomato paste. Bring to a low boil then simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with sage, and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Transfer pumpkin alfredo to blender then blend well until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse tofu, blanched almonds, plant milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper until well blended but still coarse.
- Combine tofu ricotta with spinach in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Pour pumpkin alfredo into deep baking dish.
- Spread 1/4 cup of spinach ricotta onto each lasagna noodle. Roll up and place into pumpkin sauce, Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30-40 minutes or until sauce bubbles. Let stand covered 10 minutes before serving sprinkled with vegan parmesan cheese if desired.