Are you looking for some main dish you can cook for you and for your loved ones?
No need to worry because you are in the right place. This recipe will help you with your problem.
This dish is for those of you who love fresh, summer produce or fresh ingredients. This recipe is so easy to make, I guarantee you that it’s not complicated to make!
Make the sauce, make the polenta, roast the vegetables as simple as that. Even if your not a fan of polenta, there is no problem. Because once you taste this dish, you will crave for more!
Especially with roasted vegetables and red pepper sauce, even a person who is not fan of it will love it.
This recipe is perfect for your meal or even dinner. With the help of ingredients, it leads to a great flavor that is into everyone’s taste. The combination of ingredients really works for each other.
This simple casserole makes a comforting weeknight dinner for you and for your loved ones and even for your guests.
This filling, meatless meal satisfies nearly a quarter of your daily fiber needs!
Roasted Veggies, Baked Polenta & Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup Yellow Corn Grits
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1.5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 piece Clove Garlic minced
- 5-6 cups Assorted Veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- Salt & Pepper
(Red Pepper Sauce)
- 14 ounces Jar Roasted Red Peppers drained
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 piece Large Clove Garlic
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil Leaves plus some for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare polenta by bringing vegetable broth to boil then slowly stir in corn grits. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 30 minutes stirring frequently to minimize sticking to pot. Polenta will become very thick and sticky. After 30 minutes, stir in olive oil, garlic and parsley then continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Spray and 9" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer polenta to dish, smooth out and let sit on counter for 30 minutes before baking. *If making ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. If using eggplant, sprinkle cut slices with a little salt, then place on paper towel to drain while preparing other vegetables. Toss sliced veggies with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasonings and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Roast vegetable for 25 minutes, turn over and continue to Bake 25 more minutes. Add baking dish of polenta to oven to cook alongside vegetables for remaining 25 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting prepare red pepper sauce by blending roasted red peppers, tomato paste, basil and garlic together in blender or food processor.
- Simmer red pepper sauce in a saucepan over medium low heat for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, cut polenta into 4 slices. Place each piece of polenta over 1/4 of the red pepper sauce, then top with roasted vegetables and garnish with chopped basil.