With Almond Nuts
Many of the vegan brownie recipes on the internet call for flax meal or ground chia seeds as an egg substitute or use tofu to add moisture, but since not everyone has them on hand when they’re asked to make a last-minute dessert for a party, this time I wanted to come up with a recipe that used only pantry staple ingredients and—of course—still yielded fudgy, moist, and sinfully rich chocolate brownies.
These brownies don’t mess around – they are the real deal. Can vegans eat brownies? The answer is a wickedly yes! Are you ready to bake?! I want brownies! Let’s go!
Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- 1 1/8 cup Almond Milk or Any Milk of Choice 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- 2/3 cup Oil 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup White Flour or All Purpose Flour Gluten free
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 3/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Unrefined if desired
- 1/3 cup Unrefined Sugar Or stevia baking blend
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch or Flaxmeal Loosely packed
- 2/3 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips Optional
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup Or agave
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil Or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Almond Nuts As sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 330°F (166°C). Grease a 9×13 pan or line with parchment paper/silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the milk, oil and pure vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, unrefined sugar, cornstarch (or flax meal). About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, then stir just until combined and no more flour is visible (don’t overdo it).
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or your hands.
- Bake for 16 minutes, will look a little undone. Freeze the brownies on their pans for 30 minutes, or chill them for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Stir together the pure maple syrup (or agave), cocoa powder, coconut oil in a medium bowl to form a thin sauce.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and spread the maple syrup mixture over the brownies. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips and almond nuts on top of the batter.