You know those types of muffins where you tell yourself it’s a healthy breakfast food, but your taste buds know the real truth: you’re secretly eating dessert.
These Berrylicious Vegan Blueberry Crumble Cupcakes are those kinds of muffins. Fluffy, sweet, and berry-stuffed, with a sweet crumbly topping- crumbs never tasted so good.
These muffins are closer to a donut than they are to any type of health food, and I’m pretty much obsessed with each and every delicious crumbly morsel.
This is just a super simple to bake but delicious plant-strong blueberry muffin recipe with a little extra something-something on top. Crumble! Or streusel Or whatever you wanna call it!
These are perfect for quick breakfasts, snacks, and going into lunch boxes!
Blueberry Crumble Cupcakes
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk plain
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
- Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup Sugar I used turbinado sugar
- 3 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour cup
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Butter melted
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line cupcake tray with paper/silicon liners or spray tin with cooking spray. Combine ground flaxseed with 1/4 cup water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare crumb topping by combining sugar, flour, and vegan butter. Mix with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flax mixture, applesauce, vanilla and milk, and lemon zest. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Spray cupcake tin with Pam or use liners. Fill cups with batter then sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, before icing.
- Prepare icing by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a thin glaze. Drizzle icing over cupcakes. Cool completely before serving.