If you’re looking for a little something to spruce up your next pizza night, may I present to you this Jackfruit BBQ Pizza as an option?
Forget worrying about undercooked food at your next barbecue! Unlike cooked meats, jackfruit doesn’t require the internal temperature requirements and takes half the time to soften.
They were so hearty and tasty that even our “meat lover” friends enjoyed them!
The recipe is extremely versatile and can be replaced with different vegetables, cheeses, and even protein choices. I hope you enjoy this meatless meaty dish for your next weekday dinner or cookout!
It’s got mashed up jackfruit drenched in a sweet and spicy homemade BBQ sauce spread over a thin and crispy sweet potato crust and topped with sliced red onions.
A simple, delicious and better alternative to the classic barbecue chicken pizza! PLUS – No chickens were harmed in the making of this pizza.
BBQ Jackfruit is a wonderful way to add a new spin to pizza.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
- 20 ounces Young Green Jackfruit can
- 1/2 Viladila Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 cup BBQ Sauce + Drizzle
- 1/2 Red Onion cut in chunky pieces
- 1/2 Sweet Pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Shredded Vegan Mozzeralla/Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup Pizza Sauce
- Pizza dough of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease a baking pan. Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Cut the jackfruit into smaller pieces by cutting it from core to the edge for the most pulled texture.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat, add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are tender and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add in the chopped jackfruit and vegetable broth. Cover and continue to cook another 8 to 10 minutes, until the jackfruit is soft enough that it can be mashed. Mash the jackfruit with a potato masher, until it breaks apart and looks pulled or shredded.
- o finish the jackfruit, spread in an even layer across the baking pan, bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and pour over 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes. Remove, stir in the remaining BBQ sauce, but saving some to drizzle over pizza.
- Increase oven to 475°F. Preheat pizza stone if using. Brush pizza crust lightly with olive oil. Spread pizza sauce over pizza. Top with grated vegan cheese, BBQ jackfruit, sweet peppers, red onions, and corn.
- Bake on preheated pizza stone for 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.