With White Bean Sauce & Balsamic Drizzle
I was out of red pizza sauce so why not make a white one? This pizza is like spinach artichoke dip in overdrive.
The white sauce is actually a combination of white beans, cashews, nutritional yeast, spinach, garlic, and onions. Then topped it with vegan mozzarella, more spinach and artichoke hearts. Balsamic glaze tops it off for a gourmet treat.
My favorite homemade pizza recipe. If you’re a fan of spin-arty dip, do yourself a favor and make this!
Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
- 1 can White Beans
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 cups Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, Drained & quartered
- 1 cup Vegan Mozzarella Shredded
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes To taste
- Balsamic Glaze Optional
- 1 Pizza Dough Of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (233 °C). Use pizza Stone if possible. Preheat stone for 30 minutes and use pizza peel seasoned with cornmeal to transfer pizza to the stone.
- Rinse and drain beans. Combine beans, cashews, lemon juice, water, and nutritional yeast in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a skillet, sauté onion approximately 2 minutes. Add garlic and only 3 cups of spinach. Continue sauteing for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the blended bean and cashew mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Evenly spread mixture over pizza dough. Sprinkle with vegan mozzarella, remaining chopped spinach then top with quartered artichoke hearts.
- Bake for 10 to12 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze before slicing.