with Black Beans, Confetti Slaw and Cumin Cream
Do you love cooking with soy curls? Then this recipe is perfect for you.
Just seasoned the soy curls with chili powder, cumin and chipotle powder, then sauteed them until well browned. Used sweet, hot peppadew peppers, which everyone loves to eat straight out of the jar in the confetti slaw.
This healthy recipe is perfect for make-ahead lunches or easy weeknight dinner. I guarantee they’ll become a regular in your weekday rotation.
These amazing burritos with their super intense black bean filling loaded with chipotle and cumin cream will make you fall in love, and it is not just you, also your loved ones will love this recipe because it’s not just quick and easy to prepare, but it’s also a delicious meal for everyone. The flavors were so good against each other, it will click into everyone’s taste.
This delicious Chipotle Burritos with Black Beans, Confetti Slaw and Cumin Cream recipe features a tasty burrito with their super intense black bean filling loaded with chipotle and cumin cream.
You must try it if you haven’t tried them yet!
I highly recommend them to you 🙂
Chipotle Burritos with Black Beans, Confetti Slaw and Cumin Cream
- 2/3 bag Butler Soy Curls
- 2 teaspoons Cumin divided
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 piece Lime zested
- 1 piece Clove Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 cups Coleslaw blend
- 1 cup Corn kernels
- 1/3 cup Peppadew Peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegan Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 can Black Beans drained & rinsed
- Large tortillas shells
- 1. In a bowl, soak soy curls in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Toss soy curls with 1 tsp cumin, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the juice from half the lime, minced garlic, half the chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Whisk to combine. Add the coleslaw blend, corn, and peppadew peppers. Toss the slaw until well coated.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, cumin, remaining lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- 4. In a large skillet over medium high heat with 2Tbsp oil. Add the seasoned soy curls and sauté until cooked through and browned, approximately 7 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- 5. Return skillet to medium heat. Add the beans with 1/4 cup water and cook until heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt then add the lime zest and remaining chopped cilantro. Stir well to combine. Remove from heat.
- 6. Assemble burritos with chipotle soy curls, black beans, confetti slaw and drizzle with cumin cream. Serve with additional confetti slaw and cumin cream.