With Cilantro Sauce & Lime Radishes
This vegan portobello fajitas recipe with meaty mushrooms, yellow bell peppers, and sliced onion sauteed with smoky spices and served with warmed flour tortillas is perfect when you need a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Add more flavor to your portobello mushroom tacos by adding cilantro with a squeeze of lime. It’s a healthy combination of veggies all tucked and folded in a flour tortilla.
Easy and delicious, that you would say that it’s the best portobello fajitas ever!
- 1/3 cup Red Lentils
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 8 ounces Portobello Mushrooms
- 5 Radishes
- 1 Lime
- 2 teaspoons Fajita Seasoning
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 bunch Cilantro Fresh
- 1/4 cup Vegan Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Rinse and sort the red lentils. Combine the lentils with 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender and all of the water is absorbed about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (177 °C) to warm the tortillas. Destem and deseed the yellow bell pepper and thinly slice. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Cut the radishes into small wedges and add them to a small bowl. Halve the lime and add the juice from half. Add a pinch of salt to the radishes. Toss the lime radishes well to combine.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the sliced bell pepper, sliced onion, portobello mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the fajita seasoning and toss until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Finely chop the cilantro. Add the chopped cilantro to a medium bowl with the juice from remaining lime half, yogurt, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the cilantro sauce to combine.
- If using the oven, wrap the flour tortillas in foil and pop in to warm for 2 to 3 minutes. If not, lay the tortillas directly on a gas stove flame for a moment to warm.
- Divide the warm tortillas between plates. Layer on the sautéed vegetables. Top with cilantro sauce and lime radishes. Serve the red lentils dolloped on top or on the side.